It is Jones Oil's policy to conduct its business in a manner that protects the safety of its employees, others involved in its operation, its customers and the public. The company will strive to prevent all accidents and injuries and occupational illnesses through active participation of every employee. The Company is committed to continuous efforts to identify and eliminate or manage safety risks associated with its activities.
In furtherance of this policy the Company will:
- Design and maintain facilities, establish management systems, provide training, and conduct operations in a manner that safeguards people and property.
- Respond quickly and effectively to emergencies or accidents resulting from operations.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and apply responsible standards of its own where laws and regulations do not exist.
- Work with government agencies and others as appropriate, to develop responsible laws, regulations and standards based on sound science and consideration of risk.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses, establish root cause and take responsible steps to prevent recurrence.
- Provide organizational framework to ensure that this policy can be effectively implemented
- Stress to all employees, contractors and others working on its behalf their responsibility and accountability for safety performance.
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to ensure compliance with this safety policy.