It is Jones Oil's policy to conduct its business in a manner that protects the health of its employees, others involved in its operation, its customers and the public. The company is committed to continuous efforts to identify and manage risks through structured management systems.
In furtherance of this policy the Company will:
- Identify and evaluate health hazards related to its activities and products that potentially affect its employees and contractors or the public.
- Implement programmes and appropriate protective measures to control such risks including appropriate monitoring of its potentially affected employees.
- Respond quickly and effectively to incidents or emergency releases resulting from its operations, co-operating with industry organizations and authorized Government agencies.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist.
- Work with government agencies and others as appropriate, to develop responsible laws, regulations and standards to safeguard health and the environment.
- Specify precautions required in handling, transporting, using and disposing of its products, communicate them to customers and others who may be affected and work to ensure they are followed.
- Communicate in a reasonable manner to potentially affected individuals and organizations and the scientific community, knowledge about health risks gained from its health programmes and related issues.
- Provide or arrange for medical services necessary for the treatment of employee occupational illnesses or injuries and for the handling of medical emergencies..
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of its operations to measure progress and to ensure compliance with this health policy.